Summer is coming… swimsuit season is around the corner! Keep your metabolism running at light speed with these 10 heart healthy / fat blasting snacks! Just because it’s healthy doesn’t mean it can’t be delicious!
10. Apples, Peanut Butter, & Honey – NOM!
- No saturated fat
- No cholesterol
- Very low in sodium
- High in dietary fiber
- Very high in vitamin B6
- Very high in vitamin C
9. Anytime Smoothie: Any of these smoothie recipes will keep you full between meals!
8. Frozen Yogurt Fruit Bites! Freeze your fave fruit in your fave flavor of greek yogurt!
7. Spinach Chips! Bake some spinach leaves with olive oil and garlic and you have the healthiest chip on the market!
6. Home made Ranch – ‘Cause let’s be real, everything is better with Ranch – 7oz plain greek yogurt + ranch dressing packet of your choosing + 1/2 cup milk = an entire container of delicious ranch that has the same amount of calories as a 2 tblsp serving of store bought ranch! WHAT?! *mind blown*
5. Cucumber Sandwiches… low carb, perfect bathing suit snack
4. Avocado & Cottage Cheese… All day every day
3. Homemade protein bars – So Simple, So Affordable!
2. Sweet Potato Fries – 2 large sweet potatoes (with skin), 1 tsp cumin, 1.5 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic, 2 tblsp olive oil.. bake at 400 for 20 minutes
1. WINE – This is a heart blog right?! Red wine has more heart health benefits that other types of alcohol, it contains flavonoids and saponins, which are very powerful antioxidants, and may help preventing many heart diseases. JUST ONE 8oz glass a night is all it takes though!